Spring 2016 Support Staff/Intern
Yahara Pride Farms (YPF) is a non-profit, farmer-led organization that works to improve soil and water quality in the Yahara watershed through the implementation of agricultural conservation practices. Our focus has included improving manure storage and management, increasing conservation practices including cover crops, vertical manure injection and strip tillage; and a certification program that provides incentives for best management practices in agriculture.
This position is designed to provide marketing and communications support to the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write articles for and help to distribute the Yahara Pride Farms newsletter and mailing.
- Layout the YPF Forward Farmer newsletter using Adobe InDesign.
- Write content for the YPF website and social media pages including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Manage YPF website using WordPress interface.
- Provide logistical support at meetings and various YPF events.
- Assist with event preparation and coordination, as well as take photos at events.
- Assist with grant writing when needed.
- Prepare minutes and agendas for monthly board meetings as well as, attend and record meeting minutes.
- Facilitate communication and outreach with local entities to produce content for various projects.
- Design and coordinate printing for various handout materials for YPF programs using Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign
Education and Experience Profile
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural & Applied Economics, Agricultural Business Management, Dairy Science, Life Science Communications, Community and Environmental Sociology, Political Science, Environmental Studies, Communications or related field
- Experience or interest in agricultural conservation practices and how agriculture ties to water quality preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong Adobe InDesign skills (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to work in WordPress (or willingness to learn)
- Agricultural background with knowledge of basic farming practices.
- Ability to make decisions independently and resourcefully.
- Proactive and strategic thinker.
- A flexible, resourceful, and detail-oriented person that is able to set their own schedule and meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Hours
- At home work
- Up to 9 hours of independent work per week
- Must be flexible and may be asked to work occasional evening and/or weekend events as requested.
- This is a paid position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Jeff Endres at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2016. Please include “YPF Support Staff Interest” in the email subject line.