The 2023-2024 Cost-Share Program offers the following:
- Strip tillage: $15 per acre up to 100 acres (max. payment of $1,500/farm)
- Low disturbance manure injection: $25 per acre up to 125 acres (max. payment $3,125/farm)
- Cover crops: $55 per acre for up to 100 acres of over wintering crops, $35 per acre for up to 60 acres of non-over wintering crops, $35 per acre for up to 60 acres of deferred fall killing of alfalfa until spring. (Requires waiting until spring to kill alfalfa (hay) in fields that will be rotated into other crops or re-seeded)
- Low disturbance deep tillage and cover crop planting: $55 per acre up to 50 acres
- Winter headland stacking (*Requires spring/summer application): $8 per yard up to 400 yards
- Spring is defined as when the ground is no longer snow covered or frozen.
- Composting manure: $12 per yard up to 400 yards
- Adding grass to alfalfa (hay) seedings or seeding grass forage mixtures (alternatives to pure alfalfa stands) on highly erodible (HE) land: $25 per acre up to 50 acres
- No Till Planting into soybean stubble, cover crops or alfalfa: $30 per acre up to 60 acres
*A 590-plan documenting practice implementation is required for ALL cost-shared acres.
*Final payments are dependent on available funds and participation. Payments are paid out to the maximum acreages noted above, not total acres planted in a practice (if total acres planted is greater).
The following documents provide complete information about this program, and are current at time of posting: