The 2022-2023 Cost-Share Program offers the following:
- Strip tillage: $15 per acre up to 100 acres (max. payment of $1,500/farm)
- Low disturbance manure injection: $20 per acre up to 100 acres (max. payment $2,000/farm)
- Cover crops: $50 per acre for up to 100 acres of over-wintering crops
$30 per acre for up to 50 acres of nonover-wintering crops
Deferred fall killing of alfalfa until spring (*Requires waiting until spring to kill alfalfa (hay) in fields that will be rotated into other crops or re-seeded): $30 per acre up to 50 acres
- Low disturbance deep tillage and cover crop planting: $55 per acre up to 50 acres
- Winter headland stacking (*Requires spring/summer application): $8 per yard up to 350 yards
- Spring is defined as when the ground is no longer snow covered or frozen.
- Composting manure: $12 per yard up to 350 yards
- Adding grass to alfalfa (hay) seedings or seeding grass forage mixtures (alternatives to pure alfalfa stands) on highly erodible (HE) land: $25 per acre up to 50 acres
- No Till Planting into soybean stubble, cover crops or alfalfa: $25 per acre up to 50 acres
*A 590-plan documenting practice implementation is required for ALL cost-shared acres.
*Final payments are dependent on available funds and participation. Payments are paid out to the maximum acreages noted above, not total acres planted in a practice (if total acres planted is greater).