The 2020 cost-share program offers the following:
- Strip tillage – $15/acre for up to 100 acres (max. payment of $1500/farm)
- Low disturbance manure injection – $20 per acre up to 100 acres (max. payment $2,000/farm)
- Cover crops:
- $50 per acre for up to 100 acres of over-wintering crops
- $30 per acre for up to 50 acres of nonover-wintering crops
- NEW: Deferred fall killing of alfalfa until spring (*Requires waiting until spring to kill alfalfa (hay) in fields that will be rotated into other crops or re-seeded): $30 per acre up to 50 acres
- Low disturbance deep tillage and cover crop planting – $55 per acre up to 50 acres
- Winter headland stacking (*Requires spreading manure in spring/summer for stacked manure): $8 per yard up to 500 yards.
- Composting manure (*Must be spring/summer spread on non-frozen ground): $12 per yard up to 500 yards
- Stacking of multiple cost-share practices resulting in additional PI reduction vs. individual practice performance: $25 per acre up to 100 acres
- NEW: Adding grass to alfalfa (hay) seedings or seeding grass forage mixtures (alternatives to pure alfalfa stands) on highly erodible land: $25 per acre up to 50 acres
The deadline to enroll in the program is November 15, 2020. 2020-2021 YPF Cost-Share-Program Application
Check out the 2020 Information Sheet for more information about the 2020-2021 Cost Share Program incentives being offered.
To learn more about the environmental and economic benefits of these practices, please click on the following: